Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F13 & Bad Lifters

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2006, 03:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default F13 & Bad Lifters

i purchased my cam last march in a group purchase and have put 3-4 K on the car since. yesterday i called futural and talked to david and asked him if i was one of the ones that had the bad batch of cams because of the time frame of the purchase. i explained to him that i don't drive my Z06 that much and asked for some advise on what to do. i was told told to pretty much drive my car until something happens and then they will address it. at the rate i drive my car that would be 5 years seening that most lifters are taking a **** around 15k. david had spoken to allen on his cell while i was on hold and after i got that response david said "i am only doing what i am told." i then told david that i would call allen back, so i did and once he was busy and 5 minutes later he was gone. i gave david my number and he told me allen would call me but he never did. needless to say i am going to pull my cam and see what i find. never did they offer to take the cam back for inspection or even bother to look me up in their records to see if i was in the bad cam time frame. what great customer service.
Old 03-07-2006, 03:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Please post pics of what you find...

Good Luck,
Old 03-07-2006, 03:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

damn futral is fallin off
Old 03-07-2006, 03:38 PM
Shu
On The Tree

I bought mine in the same group purchase, no problems yet with a little over 10k on it. Still torn on what I should do.
Old 03-07-2006, 04:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

i just called futral about an hour ago and i asked for allen and he was busy,So i asked the guy i was talking to about some of the bad lifters that have been run on there cams and what the cause is.All he said was something with the stock lifters not providing the proper oil.He didnt say anything about bad materials being used.Just so you everyone knows.I really dont think they know for sure whats doing it.
Old 03-07-2006, 04:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I would imagine right now they are buried in phone calls. I personally would do an oil analysis as I identified in the other thread on this prior to pulling the car apart. That would give a good indication. Contact Terry Dyson at Dyson Analysis and discuss it with him.
Old 03-07-2006, 04:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Seems to be lots of confusion about this. I am in the same boat, my cam is in my car, and seems to be OK. But I would rather get it out BEFORE something goes wrong rather than wait till it happens.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-internal-engine/464304-my-f13-ate-my-lifters.html
Old 03-07-2006, 05:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by redtail2426
i just called futral about an hour ago and i asked for allen and he was busy,So i asked the guy i was talking to about some of the bad lifters that have been run on there cams and what the cause is.All he said was something with the stock lifters not providing the proper oil.He didnt say anything about bad materials being used.Just so you everyone knows.I really dont think they know for sure whats doing it.
thats funny because when i spoke with them they addmitted there was a problem with the cams. funny how stories change.
Old 03-07-2006, 05:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

yeah thats not cool.
Old 03-07-2006, 05:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

I purchased my cam from them in december-janurary of last year(one of the months, don't remember exactly when), and I am still a bit nervous of putting the cam back in my brand new engine. I guess the shitty cams were in the march-may time frame of last year so I should be good.

But Futral needs to step their game up and get to the bottom of this because there are a lot of unhappy customers out there, and I'll go medival on their asses if their cam causes my new engine to get fucked up.
Old 03-07-2006, 05:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

i hope we don't have another ape, are, or jpr incident on our hands.
Old 03-07-2006, 05:32 PM
11 Second Club

You guys have nothing to worry about if you're using the correct length pushrods, correct preload, new lifters, and have an upgraded/ported oil pump.

If it was a Cam Motion grinding problem, vendors all across the US would be having the same problems. Cam Motion is a VERY reputable cam manufacturer and supplies hundreds of shops across the US.

Mike
Old 03-07-2006, 05:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Kraest
You guys have nothing to worry about if you're using the correct length pushrods, correct preload, new lifters, and have an upgraded/ported oil pump.

If it was a Cam Motion grinding problem, vendors all across the US would be having the same problems. Cam Motion is a VERY reputable cam manufacturer and supplies hundreds of shops across the US.

Mike
then why is it that they already admitted there was a problem? how is it that all these guys, even some that bought a whole package from futural have the wrong pushrod length and wrong preload? as far as a ported oil pump, i ran a stocker in my H/C and spray WS6 for years and never had a problem.
Old 03-07-2006, 06:02 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by algws6
then why is it that they already admitted there was a problem? how is it that all these guys, even some that bought a whole package from futural have the wrong pushrod length and wrong preload? as far as a ported oil pump, i ran a stocker in my H/C and spray WS6 for years and never had a problem.
Nobody from Futral ever told me there was a problem like that. I'm sure they would have when they tore my engine apart a few weeks ago and replaced the lifters. Apparently the lifters/cam was fine, which would be exactly opposite of what I'm hearing here.

Mike
Old 03-07-2006, 06:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dammit i wanted an f13 until now. .
Old 03-07-2006, 06:16 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by camaroextra
dammit i wanted an f13 until now. .

I would still get one!

If it was a bad batch or improper set up either way you should be good to go. Just set it up correctly and should be no issues. Just don't abuse the hell out of it case anything and everything breaks!!

This could seriously be a bunch of different issues, every failure does not mean it is from the same thing. That would be up to them to decide once they examine the cam and lifters.

I could easily see some selfish *** trying to blame Cam Motion or Futral for his improper install when a small percentage may have a legitimate issue.
Old 03-07-2006, 06:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

there are sooo many different "reasons" for whats been going wrong that I don't even know what to think anymore.
Old 03-07-2006, 06:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by freakynipples69
But Futral needs to step their game up and get to the bottom of this because there are a lot of unhappy customers out there, and I'll go medival on their asses if their cam causes my new engine to get fucked up..
Dude i wouldn't even try it.. even if the chances are your cam is fine.. why risk it.
Old 03-07-2006, 07:51 PM
Staging Lane

good thing this came up as im just in the middle of installing my new f13 oh well **** it. guess it just gives me an excuse toi get some heads sooner the planned!
Old 03-07-2006, 09:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dont **** on futral. Anyone looking at the f13 cam - just get it. Its a great cam. Something was wrong with a small batch of futral cams from last year, thats all. There are probably thousands of f-13s running around out there. There are only a handful of us who have had this lifter issue. Please done let a few bad cams ruin the fun for the rest...