Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Patriot Predator Heads???

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2006, 07:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Patriot Predator Heads???

OK, I've seen the new Patriot Predator heads on two sponsors' web sites, but nothing on the Patiot site, yet. Are these heads really available yet? Is Patriot going to sell them directly? Has anyone flowed a pair?

Another more general question:

For 3.9x bore, what are optimum valve sizes, and are they dictated by the flow and velocity of the runners or the cam profile, or both? For example, if I wanted to use a TSP 231/239 cam with these heads would the 2.05 ever be too big, vs the 2.02 valve? (I'm thinking about power here, not PTV; I already understand the impact of intake timing and valve size for PTV) For the exhaust valve, would bigger always be better if you have LTs and cutouts or LM?
Old 03-12-2006, 11:03 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-internal-engine/466212-patriot-predator-heads.html

According to this the heads aren't avalible yet. As for valve sizes, alot of it has to do with the flow charecteristics of the runners and the valve job. A head may pick up or loose in certain areas depending on valve size/job. You may sacrifice a little low speed velocity with the bigger valve, but gain on the top end. The more air you can move at higher rpm's, the more power you can make, so if you don't mind sacrificing a little down low, you could be faster in the upper rpm's, were most races take place. It all comes down to driveability and what end results your looking for.
Old 03-13-2006, 08:29 AM
FormerVendor

The heads are not yet available. More detailed information on these will be released soon. As we have mentioned in other threads, we are "tweaking" our runner programs. These heads will be great performers and will be available for only $1795.00 retail. This is assembled, per pair.
Old 03-13-2006, 05:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Gunnar@Patriot
The heads are not yet available. More detailed information on these will be released soon. As we have mentioned in other threads, we are "tweaking" our runner programs. These heads will be great performers and will be available for only $1795.00 retail. This is assembled, per pair.
Thanks, Gunnar.

I can't wait...

If it helps on the tweaking, I want to run the TSP 233°/239° .595"/.603" 112 LSA