Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

melling oil pump and rollmaster ???

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2006, 12:12 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default melling oil pump and rollmaster ???

Had a rollmaster allready in car with stock pump and worked fine no clearencing issues on the cover or on the pump even with the spacers needed to move the pump out : Bought cam lifters and melling pump from MTI I didnt ask for melling its just what they sent so I assummed they used them and it would work: heads are off, engine spins over freely double checking timing, then bolt pump on try to spin engine over it is very hard loosen pump spins fine I thought maybe I had the inner gear cocked so it was bound up because as I rotated the engin while tightening it when on and the engine still spun then going to put cover on doesnt fit called MTI said it will work but will have to be clearenced ,Well the part that comes in contact with the pump is right behind the front seal if I grind this off the seal has no shoulder and it isnt a very thick lip anyway this isnt going to work also the reason why it wouldnt spin innitialy was because the port where the pickup tube goes in was hitting the chain and was not clearenced there either and when I spun the engine over while tightening the pump it was actualy cuttong through the pump like a saw. I just wish they would have sold me something that they use Ive got $300 in shipping my heads rockers and all these parts to get this together this weekend and am now screwed and Ive called the dealers to find a ls6 pump no one has one JUST BEWARE OF THIS COMBO
Old 06-17-2006, 12:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wish you had mentioned whether you were running the double or single rollmaster.