Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cam Question??

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2006, 10:24 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cam Question??

okay guys I have a 6 month unlimited mileage warranty on my car. And seeing how ive had it for only 9 days waiting 6 months is almost out of the question. But I had a buddy tell me that if I put an ls6 cam in my Z28 it wouldnt void the warranty because its a actual gm part.....I realize the horsepower gains wont be TREMENDOUS but it would help some I would thank maybe 20 or more horsepower right??? So my question is would it viod my warranty or not???? Or is it even worth the time??
Old 03-26-2006, 11:04 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yea I think at most they would let you get away with is headers and exhaust sometimes. I would just put a bottle on it then if something by chance goes south take it off and bring it to the dealer. I think it is more of the fact that you took apart a car they are going to warranty they could just say well to messed something up putting the cam it we will not cover it.
Old 03-26-2006, 11:35 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that would definatly void your warranty. I would say try and wait until your warranty ends(If you can) and then put a cam in that will actually give you a significant increase.
Old 03-27-2006, 04:33 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It depends on the dealership. Most of the mechanics at my local dealership own vehicles with one variation or another of the LS1 which are highly modified so they don't care. The service writer owns an LS1 too. If you were to put internal parts on the motor they aren't going to know anyway. Most aftermarket parts have CARB numbers these days so they meet the OEM standards. SEMA wants the aftermarket parts to meet the standards TODAY not 3 years from now so you'll buy them right away. If everyone had to wait 3 years for their warranty to expire the aftermarket business would take a big hit.