Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what are stage I heads?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 01:23 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what are stage I heads?

i have a friend who called me up and is wondering if i wanted to purchase a set of ls1 port and polished stage I heads... im not too fimiliar with the stages of port and polishing of heads, so if someone knows, pleast inform me, thanks.
Old 03-28-2006, 03:50 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

"Stages" are relative to the company that they came from. Find out where the heads came from.....PRC, Patriot.....etc. They might even be home ported stock castings for all we know.
Old 03-29-2006, 10:18 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by jmm98LS1
"Stages" are relative to the company that they came from. Find out where the heads came from.....PRC, Patriot.....etc. They might even be home ported stock castings for all we know.

Well said. Stages are relative from company to company. Our stage II heads will be the other guy's stage 2.5. So the best thing to do is get the specs on valve sizes, runner sizes, etc. and go from there.
Old 03-29-2006, 01:44 PM
TECH Regular

Precisely. All that "stage" BS is just that: BS. I laughed at the ricers when they started doing it and cried for the domestics when they started doing it. Stage 11ty-billion doesn't tell me squat. Give me verifiable specs.

/rant
Old 03-29-2006, 03:34 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by BigE
Precisely. All that "stage" BS is just that: BS. I laughed at the ricers when they started doing it and cried for the domestics when they started doing it. Stage 11ty-billion doesn't tell me squat. Give me verifiable specs.

/rant

I agree...I would much rather have the facts laid out in front of me instead of telling me I would have a "Stage 93 car". I understand it distinguishes different packages from a certain company, but it is such a vague description. I often make myself "wish lists" for my car and find these different stages as options I could perform. Now if I only knew what that was...
Old 03-29-2006, 05:01 PM
dug
Banned

Usually stage 1 means ported heads with stock valves. Stage 2 means ported with bigger valves and stage 3 usually means ported with bigger valves and the combustion chamber has been opend up for big bore engines.

Every company is different though.