Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Engine dies when clutch is pushed in?

Old 03-29-2006, 12:15 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Engine dies when clutch is pushed in?

My car just started doing this yesterday. Whenever I push the clutch pedal in the engine rpms drop and the engine quits. I can be going 70mph and put the car in neutral and coast for a while but I soon as I push the clutch in the engine dies, it will also do it while sitting still just idling. I have not changed anything in the tune recentely, so I am kinda stumped. It seems that the rpms should go up a little if anything when the clutch is disengaged. Also, when I started my car after work yesterday I didn't have any oil pressure for a minute, I turned it off and back on and still no oil pressure and then the rpms dropped and then jumped back up and the oil pressure shot up when the engine rpms jumped up. It was after this that I started noticing the cluth issue. If you guys have any ideas any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Matt
Old 03-30-2006, 10:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

just had a similar problem after the car sat for 2 years waiting on my lazy *** to put a motor in. Mine wouldn't start though. I push in the clutch and ....nothing. I diconnected the switch by the pedal and readjusted all of the switches for the brake lights and cruise control button down there. Plugged it all in and it started working. It could also be a problem with sensors. O2 sensors will do that if they just quit working....been there done that.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Engine dies when clutch is pushed in?