Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where To Gring My Pump And Timing Cover

Old 04-04-2006, 02:50 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Where To Gring My Pump And Timing Cover

trying to fit my timing over onafter double roller and it is like 1/4 inch off. Anyone know where to grind the pump and the cover. I cant figure out where and it and i tried wiggling it so i could see some marks but couldntfind any scratch marks.
Old 04-04-2006, 06:23 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

do you have the gasket in place or are you just putting the cover up against the block? Mine also seemed like it wouldn't sit flush (without the gasket) so I was thinking of changing the bolts that came with the roller to button head cap screws.

I don't think it was off .250 but it was around .100 or so (without the gasket)
Old 04-05-2006, 07:20 AM
Staging Lane

There should be no grinding of pump or timming cover if the chain and pump are on correctly. Dual chains come with a spacer for the pump that goes between block and pump and I have never needed any grinding. Make sure your placing the cover on straight and that the front crank seal is sitting spot on as that could throw it out. Place a few bolts through the cover first to stop the gasket moving around as you place it on the block might help. cheers. Max
Old 04-05-2006, 09:26 AM
10 Second Club

Yeah you definatley shouldn't have to do any grinding, or other mods to make it fit. What double roller and oil pump do you have? Are you sure your oil pump is on all the way?

Search this Thread