Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

livernois motor sports ( has any one used them?)

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 03:01 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default livernois motor sports ( has any one used them?)

new to the site. heres a good one, if anyone has had a simular experiance let me know.
i just recenlty had the top half of my engine done by Livernois Motor Sports in michigan wher i live. cam, heads, valves, headers and exhaust. i saw an article about them in Vette magazine on how high tech they are where highly recomended. so i get the mods done and pick up the car. the manager says it will not idle very good because the computer need time to learn the new mods, so he said drive it around for a few weeks and see if it will idle any better if not bring it back and we will re-tune it. 4 weeks later it will idle at 2000 rpms with the air on and 1500 rpms with the air off but intermient. then kick down to 800 rpm, but will also stall in a trafic jam. i take the car back last week and they said they will retune and fix the problem.

fine but the service manager said thier will be a charge for dyno time and tech work. i told him i did not agree since the car did not run correct when i picked it up and i was told to drive it to see if it gets better. anyhow i will find out thurs if it is all set but do not feel i should be payiong for this since it was not right to began with.

im very happy with the performance but , with it not idleing and then they want to charge to look at an exsisting problem kinda left me with a bad taste. plus i also asked for a qoute to get a 100 shot bottle put on!! usually i would be dedicated to 1 speed shop for all future mods as long as im treated right.

has any one had mods done at Livernois Motor Sports and what was your experience?