Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

One head runs hotter than other?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 01:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default One head runs hotter than other?

The setup is a SDPC 402 LS2, with stock 6.0 truck heads, being used with a D1 Procharger. I have an Autometer water temp sensor in the passenger side head, and going off Autotap for the drivers side head temperature. The Autometer gauge always read much higher than what Autotap showed, so I figured the Autometer sensor or gauge might be off.
The car had cooling issues. I had a Be Cool radiator installed, which seemed to cool the water down about 25 degrees, but it still gets to hot. The passenger side head still gets as high as 250 degrees after 5 minutes of starting the car! I am starting to think the Autometer gauge might be accurate, and something is causing the passenger side head to get realy hot. After installing the Be Cool radioator, the hottest I saw the drivers side head is about 206 degrees, but the passenger side one still goes 250+ according to the Autometer sensor/gauge. We are going to take a laser heat gun and read the temperature of each head.
Any idea on what can be causing one head to read so much hotter than the other? I realy thought the gauge was off..I hope I didn't cause any serious damage to the block on that side.

Quick Reply: One head runs hotter than other?