Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Possible Motor Trouble Help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2006, 12:57 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Possible Motor Trouble Help!

Ok i've posted on this before in several sections but now i have a more complete description. Recently I've been having problems with acceleration at first I thought it was my clutch but after recently I don't think so. So somtimes when i press the gas nothing happens. The car shudders, the rpms don't go up, and the car doesn't accelerate and the car sounds sort of funny then all the sudden its like it gets power again and the car starts moving. Other times the car accelerates half assed and then all the sudden it gets it's power again. And now when i'm idling the idle is really rough and the whole car shakes and the rpms are really low. Then all the sudden it evens out and the car doesn't shake anymore and the rpms go back to about 900 or so. And it just started doing this recently. I cleaned out my MAF and go the grease off the wires. I checked the codes the car was throwing and nothings was out off the ordinary I don't know what to do at all. Please help, anyone?
Old 07-29-2006, 01:31 AM
11 Second Club

Check teh O2 extensions I had a similar problem with my okd 98Zand thats what it was they had gone bad along with 1 of the O2 sensors checj those too.
Old 07-29-2006, 02:13 AM
On The Tree

I had the same exact problem in my 00' T/A. Replaced the O2 sensors cuz there was a code and it took care of the problem. Be careful cleaning out the MAF. Damage those resistors in there and you might as well throw it away. Hope the O2 sensors fix your problem. I'm pretty sure it will. If it doesn't the next thing I would look at is fuel and ignition. Keep posted on how it goes.
Old 07-29-2006, 03:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

There are no codes from the o2 sensors anymore. I checked...
Old 07-29-2006, 04:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

maf....sounds like a computer issue if its going back and forth....if it was a hardware issue...ie valves or something it would be on going