Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Last Chance To Bail Or Change Build

Old 08-07-2006, 08:47 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Last Chance To Bail Or Change Build

Today I make my final decision on the 408..Healthy budget 11-13k..iron block, afr 225's or tea 225's,fast 90/90, jessels, svo 42lb injectors, eagle 4130, scat rods, weisco pistons...complete best of best oil pan to intake.....PLans are N/A...build it for spray if I later change my mind....

All input appreciated
Old 08-07-2006, 09:41 AM
That's what she said...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Best of the best would not include that Eagle crank, that's normally considered the "budget" crank, but tons of people have good luck with them. If you're wanting to go ***** deep, throw in a Callies.

Sounds like a good setup! Who is building it?
Old 08-07-2006, 11:26 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBlurLS1
Best of the best would not include that Eagle crank, that's normally considered the "budget" crank, but tons of people have good luck with them. If you're wanting to go ***** deep, throw in a Callies.

Sounds like a good setup! Who is building it?
Sure, you could spend more, but why would you want to if nobodys breaking the eagle cranks?
Old 08-07-2006, 11:34 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Everything looks good.... only thing I'd think about is the ls2 block instead of the iron.. there's really no need to add the weight to the car, and with your budget, the 300 or so more the block will cost you won't put you out of budget.

Look at it like this, if you were to spend the 300 now and get an alum block, that will in the end when the new motor's in the car make the car 75 to 90 lbs lighter, depending on who you talk to. How much would it cost you to buy enough lightweight parts to remove that much weight? Alot more then 300 bucks!

There is people making over 900 rwhp with the ls2 block already, I think for the goals you most likly have in mind (250 shot I'd guess down the road?) you will be o.k.
Old 08-07-2006, 11:53 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all the imput guys, Have been on the phone with Bryan@LME all morning. Your right about the eagle crank....both of you are...My goals are a 600hp ddaily driver N/A...It is beeing set up for juice if I decide to go that route...150 shot worst case....scenerio..I did decide on the AFR's....Right now I'm like a kid waiting on his birthday....everything is already paid for and I'm just counting down the days.......Hats of to Bryan Pacos and the crew @LME for putting up with all my phone calls and indecisions.....

Search this Thread