Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Looking for cams

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2006, 04:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for cams

Heys guys. I was wondering if anybody could help me find the right cam for my car. I have a 99' camaro z28 A4 with 3.73 gears and a cat-back on it with LT's on the way. I plan on getting an ls6 intake and the SLP lid, cold air induction package with bellow. My main concern is off the line power. I really have no clue when it comes to cams so all the detailed help I could get would be welcomed. Thanks
Old 08-13-2006, 04:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Is this a DD car?? Sounds like the Thunder Racing 230/224 111lsa might be good. I have heard that it has a nice aggressive cam with decent street manarisms. Other than that, Search button rocks. Read EVERYTHING YOU CAN. This place has opinions on every cam you can imagine and then some
Old 08-13-2006, 04:30 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Stall converter first.Best mod for an A4
Old 08-13-2006, 04:54 PM
Teching In

It's kind of a daily driver. I drive it on weekends and around town, but I have to travel out of town a lot and a have another car for that. I am definately getting a stall probably next summer, but I want to save money for that so I can get a sturdy 4000 stall. I have heard a lot of good things about yank and vigilante. Any other sugestions? Heard some bad stuff about TCI as well. Also, I was wondering what kind of a task it is to install these. I have a few friends who know their way around cars but don't know if this is a matter to leave to professionals. If it is how much would an approximate be to have these installed?