Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Oil in intake

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2006, 01:22 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil in intake

I have an 02 Trans AM WS6 m6. It has 16000 miles on it using Mobil 1 5w-30. I've noticed oil leaking from the intake manifold where it joins the heads. You can see where dirt has collected there and is saturated with oil. It's not bad, but you can tell it's the result of a long time. I took the intake off to look inside the intake manifold and sure enough there is oil inside of it.

After an oil change the oil will go to 1/2 between full and add. This happened about two oil changes ago. It then stays their until the oil is changed once a year(5000 miles).

The factory warranty is out. Should I take it to the dealer under the extended warranty or just install a catch can? Also when the outside air temp. is around 100 degrees their is a slight pinging WOT in second gear. Could this be form oil in the intake?
Old 08-22-2006, 01:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

every ls1 with the pvc still hooked up will suck in oil...I have the ls6 pvc conversion along with a catch can and i still get oil in there,granted its such a little bit that you can barley tell and much better then before...Just get a catch can and call it a day.