Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need an answer about these Diamond Pistons.

Old 08-22-2006, 09:28 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Need an answer about these Diamond Pistons.

I just purchased a set of diamond pistons with -2cc valve reliefs. I didn't really pay attention to it when i first got them but now that i was gonna put them in the engine, I noticed the "F" on the top of the pistons and since these have offset wrist pins, the F needs to be facing toward the front of the engine. However, half the pistons are technically facing the wrong way when the valve reliefs are in the right spot. The "F" is next the the exhaust relief on every piston. Should it be next to the intake relief on half and exhaust on the other. Cuz if so then I have no idea what I'm gonna do.

Last edited by TheCarKid; 08-22-2006 at 10:02 PM.
Old 08-23-2006, 06:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Call Diamond.
Old 08-23-2006, 08:12 AM
7 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by TheCarKid
I just purchased a set of diamond pistons with -2cc valve reliefs. I didn't really pay attention to it when i first got them but now that i was gonna put them in the engine, I noticed the "F" on the top of the pistons and since these have offset wrist pins, the F needs to be facing toward the front of the engine. However, half the pistons are technically facing the wrong way when the valve reliefs are in the right spot. The "F" is next the the exhaust relief on every piston. Should it be next to the intake relief on half and exhaust on the other. Cuz if so then I have no idea what I'm gonna do.
If they have reliefs they can only go one way.
Old 08-23-2006, 08:20 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If the F is not facing the right way, then they need to be turned around....aka....put in the other side of the engine. Sucks that you already have them in!!!
Also, make absolutely sure that you put the piston with the slight reluctor relief machined into it into #8. You'll see the relief cut into the bottom inside of the skirt. If you don't put that there then you will have some nasty problems....

Best of Luck!
Adrian

PS, it is also possible that you didn't get the right mix of pistons that go on the left/right side of the engine. Also make sure that you did indeed get that #8 piston. I would call diamond to make sure.
Old 08-23-2006, 01:34 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks already took care of it first thing this morning. I got the wrong mix of pistons. Got 8 pistons for the passenger side of the engine. Thanks for all the info, especially about reluctor relief in #8. I'll make sure I look for that. Thanks again.

Search this Thread