Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ls1 ls6 swap question

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2006, 12:08 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ls1 ls6 swap question

i have a 2000 ss camaro ls1. i am talking to a guy about a ls6 from a o3 z06. my plans are a stroker motor and aftermarket heads. the prob with the engine is a droped valve seat i am told. that will all be replaced anyway so i am not woried about that. my question is will this ls6 from an o3 z06 bolt into my car with out any major modifications to the harnesses and just swaping the pans after the rebuild? i am almost possitive it will be a direct swap but figured i could ask a few folks with more expirence. thanks ahead of time
Old 08-31-2006, 12:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

As far as motor goes, yeap pan is all that is needed. Now about peripherals you'll need to reuse your TB, starter location, your crank pulley and other stuff. etc...
Old 08-31-2006, 12:34 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PREDATOR-Z
As far as motor goes, yeap pan is all that is needed. Now about peripherals you'll need to reuse your TB, starter location, your crank pulley and other stuff. etc...
thanks. i got a ms3 waiting for it with a 90/90 set up. and was gonna swap all the sensors and such from the ls1 to the ls6. i just wanted to make sure that the sensor locations were gonna be the same. i have a plan of a forged stroker for this ls6 with some spray till i can get the $$$$ for the blower. the blower is the main reason for going forged . thanks again