Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ls1 2002 freeze plugs????

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2006, 11:08 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ls1 2002 freeze plugs????

None of the dealers around have them, none of the Napas around have them!!!! Is there something I can use instead like a bolt or something from sears???? And if so what size and material should i get??? Please be as specific as possible because I am very stupid

Thanx
Old 09-06-2006, 11:17 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gn4life
None of the dealers around have them, none of the Napas around have them!!!! Is there something I can use instead like a bolt or something from sears???? And if so what size and material should i get??? Please be as specific as possible because I am very stupid

Thanx
Call a machine shop. They might have some laying around. I would not put a bolt in there.
Old 09-06-2006, 11:27 AM
Teching In

thanks.. i did but they said NO as if i was wrong for calling for something so stupid. What size freeze plug should I ask for ???
Old 09-06-2006, 11:32 AM
TECH Addict

thanks.. i did but they said NO as if i was wrong for calling for something so stupid. What size freeze plug should I ask for ???
You could measure it but why not ask for it based on it's location? Is it in the head, the block? At worst, call the dealer, have your VIN ready lol, tell them where this freeze plug you need goes, and have them order a few for you.
Old 09-06-2006, 11:40 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ShevrolayZ28
You could measure it but why not ask for it based on it's location? Is it in the head, the block? At worst, call the dealer, have your VIN ready lol, tell them where this freeze plug you need goes, and have them order a few for you.
Oh im sorry its the one that goes in the passenger side head in place of the coolant temp sensor. Hard to measue cause heads or on car. I got the size from the dealer but the place that might have the freeze plug said the size is strange or they use a diff measurment. So if i walk into a NAPA what should I ask them for? You have to be a specific as possible around here or else they will just play stupid. They make it like you have to be a master mechanic to buy parts..I was kind of hoping to get it to the exhasut shop today and the tunner shop by night so i kind of dont wanna order one... Any other suggestions????
Old 09-06-2006, 12:04 PM
TECH Addict

Oh im sorry its the one that goes in the passenger side head in place of the coolant temp sensor. Hard to measue cause heads or on car. I got the size from the dealer but the place that might have the freeze plug said the size is strange or they use a diff measurment. So if i walk into a NAPA what should I ask them for? You have to be a specific as possible around here or else they will just play stupid. They make it like you have to be a master mechanic to buy parts..I was kind of hoping to get it to the exhasut shop today and the tunner shop by night so i kind of dont wanna order one... Any other suggestions????
Yeah. Why not just leave the coolant sensor in there? This is actually a threaded piece, right? It's not a freeze plug, freeze plugs are pressed in, not threaded.

At any rate, it is going to be a pipe thread, prolly metric.

Quick Reply: ls1 2002 freeze plugs????