Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP, crank trouble...

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2006, 09:42 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP, crank trouble...

Ok, im helping my friend put a underdrive pulley on his 99 trans-am. We got the old pulley off, and new one on. When we started the bolt and it was getting tight then the threads gave out, and its stripped like the first 3 rows. What can we do?????????
Old 09-07-2006, 11:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

had the same thing happened to me.. buy a tap with the same size.. cant remember the exact size you guy can find it by searching.. once you get that put into a extion and attache it to your wrachet and put pressure towards the crank and start turning your wratchet like if you were tighetening a bolt.. it did the job with me try it, it should work
Old 09-08-2006, 08:41 AM
Teching In

Did u get the pulley all the way down before putting the bolt in? Because we just have it on a little ways and were gonna let the bolt pull it on.
Old 09-08-2006, 09:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TrAb
Did u get the pulley all the way down before putting the bolt in? Because we just have it on a little ways and were gonna let the bolt pull it on.

WELL I USE TO DO IT THAT WAY BUT THEN I STRIPED THE THREADS.. NOW I BOUGHT A PIECE OF ALLTHREAD THE SAME SIZE OF THE BOLT, SCREW IT IN THE CRANK AND THEN PUT THE PULLEY ALLIGNED TO THE CRANK AND THE PUT A WASHER (LIKE THE ONE THAT COMES WITH THE ARP BOLT WORKS GREAT) AND THEN A NUT AND START SCREWING IT IN.. IT WILL WORK AND YOU DONT HAVE TO WORRY OF MESSING UP YOUR THREADS..
Old 09-08-2006, 11:03 AM
Launching!

16mm with a 2.0 thread pitch