Sponsored by:

Bad Ticking Noise?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2006, 10:49 PM
sac
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Bad Ticking Noise?

I just recently did a heads and cam swap using ported ls1 heads and ms3 and I put the regular comp. replacement lifters and the 7.4 moly push- rods .I put the dual valve springs and tit. retainers.The swap has about 500 miles on it now and just started ticking today out of no-where.I turn on the car and u can here it tick pretty good and then u rev it up and it gets real loud.It sounds like a bad lifter but yall tell me what yall think.Is anybody having problems with these lifters.Let me know thanks!
Old 09-09-2006, 12:54 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how big is the lift on your cam .. just courious and its sounds like a head gasket to me
Old 09-09-2006, 04:07 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had this problem about 5 weeks ago, I had to downshift one day going down the road because this guy on a bike lost his balance and fell right into the middle of the road and I downshifted into 2nd gear and redlined it...not good, so after I end up making it to the dairy queen and when I go to leave i start up my car and it does the same thing...a very loud fast paced ticking noise and if i tried revving at all the noise would get louder and after a couple minutes the noise would go away..until next time i started up the car...well i put up with this for a week because it was only doing it sometimes and then the car started feeling slower and slower so i stopped driving it and i am doing a heads and cam swap right now... I will figure out what was broke around the middle of next week...it could be a number of things but in my case i think it was a broken valve spring or 2. I will post what was fucked up when i know.
Old 09-11-2006, 10:09 PM
sac
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

anybody else have any suggestions!!!!