Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Done with ms4 cam swap!! well allmost...

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2006, 11:31 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Done with ms4 cam swap!! well allmost...

Me and my buddy just finished putting in the ms4, dual roller timing chain, melling oil pump, and 15 prc dual valve springs... yes i said 15.. we were only sent 15 retainers.... i will calling in the morning to fix that issue....

but we have everything ready to go.. all the hoses, belts, just gotta swap one spring and put the plugs in and turn the key!!!!

man i'm as excited as any football team about to play the lions!!!

i cant wait to hear this thing with my exhaust (lg longtubes, no cats, x-pipe, slp loudmouths)....

I will up date you guys once i fire it up!
Old 09-10-2006, 11:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

very sweet! i think i have seen your car out and about before, maybe woodward or downtown Mt. Clemens?? i recognize the plate. either or, sweet! and good luck with it all!
Old 09-10-2006, 11:50 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SS4Matt
very sweet! i think i have seen your car out and about before, maybe woodward or downtown Mt. Clemens?? i recognize the plate. either or, sweet! and good luck with it all!
i usualy make it to the clem more then woodward.. i hope to have it there on wednesday if i get the part and the weather holds.
Old 09-11-2006, 12:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah i think weather calls for rain most of the week.... where are you going to get it tuned? i just swapped out my TR224 cam for a new cam i got from a local shop that's near me
Old 09-11-2006, 12:27 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SS4Matt
yeah i think weather calls for rain most of the week.... where are you going to get it tuned? i just swapped out my TR224 cam for a new cam i got from a local shop that's near me
im going to talk to a vette tuner that i know. hes very local for me and i personly think he is the best.
Old 09-11-2006, 10:12 AM
On The Tree

how do those loudmouth mufflers sound? can you post a vid or idle, rev, wot
Old 09-11-2006, 01:54 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ya man keep us posted with performance and sound, and maybe get it on video... so how long did the install take??
Old 09-11-2006, 07:26 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by bjamick
ya man keep us posted with performance and sound, and maybe get it on video... so how long did the install take??
this intall took about 20 hrs with me and my buddy who are not mechanics... we just used ls1howto and got the tools and did it.

i will try to get some vid tommarow and post it wednesday!

Btw the retainer is on the way.
Old 09-11-2006, 07:28 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by madmaxz
how do those loudmouth mufflers sound? can you post a vid or idle, rev, wot
on the vette they are LOUD since its duals and the slp loud mouth on the vette has no resenators or anything just pipe...
Old 09-11-2006, 07:35 PM
Staging Lane

goodluck on finishing trust me u wont be dissapointed!
Old 09-11-2006, 08:40 PM
TECH Resident

For what its worth...

I got 17 titanium retainers from TSP. If you want it...PM me your address. I'll get it in the mail to ya. No worries about the shipping....

TSP may be able to get you one faster though....up to you.

R/

Frat
Old 09-11-2006, 09:10 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Fratsit
For what its worth...

I got 17 titanium retainers from TSP. If you want it...PM me your address. I'll get it in the mail to ya. No worries about the shipping....

TSP may be able to get you one faster though....up to you.

R/

Frat
thanks man. but the overnighted it and it should be here Tuesday.. thanks though.
Old 09-11-2006, 09:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

dam bro! you are so lucky! i have mine.. i just need the freakin money for some other small stuff, and a dyno tune! i cant wait to get it installed! make sure u make a vid! theres not many wit the ms4! and get a dyno graph!!!
Old 09-11-2006, 09:41 PM
12 Second Club

wow, so weird. This just happend to me with my F13 install except i got 14 retainers with my Patriot Gold Duals. I was told they shipped me 2 retainers last wednesday but today i email them back and they finally shipped today.

my car has been sitting since labor day weekend waiting for 2 retainers.
Old 09-11-2006, 09:59 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by stangkiller2005
dam bro! you are so lucky! i have mine.. i just need the freakin money for some other small stuff, and a dyno tune! i cant wait to get it installed! make sure u make a vid! theres not many wit the ms4! and get a dyno graph!!!
lol its going to get tuned on the street.. not a dyno... but i might have a few extra bucks just to get a paper to post...
Old 09-11-2006, 09:59 PM
On The Tree

lol its going to get tuned on the street.. not a dyno... but i might have a few extra bucks just to get a paper to post...
Old 09-11-2006, 10:00 PM
On The Tree

Old 09-11-2006, 10:24 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Insanekamel
Me and my buddy just finished putting in the ms4, dual roller timing chain, melling oil pump, and 15 prc dual valve springs... yes i said 15.. we were only sent 15 retainers.... i will calling in the morning to fix that issue....

but we have everything ready to go.. all the hoses, belts, just gotta swap one spring and put the plugs in and turn the key!!!!

man i'm as excited as any football team about to play the lions!!!

i cant wait to hear this thing with my exhaust (lg longtubes, no cats, x-pipe, slp loudmouths)....

I will up date you guys once i fire it up!

dude, I think I raced you on woodward about 5-6 weeks ago. you gonna make it back over to woodward anytime soon before the years up? Id love to hear that cam and see how it rides.

matt, this is chris, ryans buddy with the white LT1 SS. whats up man. he was just telling me about your cam. you know you gotta take me for a ride. Id like to go out to your buddies shop and talk to him about that cam also. is his own grind? ryan mentioned he didnt want the specs given out. email me.

chris
Old 09-11-2006, 10:41 PM
On The Tree

Old 09-11-2006, 10:43 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Irocss85
dude, I think I raced you on woodward about 5-6 weeks ago. you gonna make it back over to woodward anytime soon before the years up? Id love to hear that cam and see how it rides.

matt, this is chris, ryans buddy with the white LT1 SS. whats up man. he was just telling me about your cam. you know you gotta take me for a ride. Id like to go out to your buddies shop and talk to him about that cam also. is his own grind? ryan mentioned he didnt want the specs given out. email me.

chris
lol i dont remember did i win?