Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

head gasket.....

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2006, 02:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default head gasket.....

well, i went and did an oil change on the TA since i got the new motor in and it seems that i have some water/coolant mixed with my oil im almost positive its a head gasket issue. i have a few questions

how do i diagnose which head it is? or do i just go and change both head gaskets?

also could this make my Oil pressure lower than normal when hot? oil pressure drops to the 20's after the engine has been driven a while

Last edited by Raven02TA; 09-14-2006 at 02:42 PM.
Old 09-14-2006, 02:41 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

id suggest that you put some radiator or block sealer in it first.. my car was eating coolant and also had lots of condensation on the oil cap. i put in the block sealer and it stopped, its fine now. the block sealer stuff is used from the factory, so its not going to harm anything. my car carries much lower oil pressure when its hot. IMO i think you are ok
Old 09-14-2006, 02:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i would rather actually fix the problem then put anything foriegn in my cooling system or block for fear of gunking up anything that shouldnt be gunked (encountered this before and i just dont trust those methods)

its pretty obvious based on my recent low coolant levels that i am loosing it somewhere and i found most of it in the oil.