Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car Wont run anymore. Is it my fuel pump ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2006, 08:04 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car Wont run anymore. Is it my fuel pump ?

Well i was driving the other day about to pull into a gas station to get gas and the car started to bog really bad as if I were out of gas. I could see this having been possible as I ran the tank SUPER SUPER LOW, I swear to you I was running on air. Anyway the car started to bog really bad as I pulled in and I figured I was out of Gas. I ut 6 or 7 gallons in the car start it back up and the car starts fine. As I go to pull away the car continures to Bog very very badly as if I were out of gas. I get about 10 feet past the pump and the car stalls out. I tired cranking the car numerous times and would hickup but not turn over. After about 20 different attempts to get the car started it went from a hick up and trying to get running to just straight cranking. I bled the fuel rail with no gas whatsoever escaping from the rail. I'm almost positive its the pump as the car has 73,000 miles still on the original pump and I ran it Super dry with there being no gasoline to cool and lubricate the pump. I going to do the filter as well because of running the tank so dry any minor debris that may have been floating in the gas tank may have clogged the filter. I swapped a comprable relay with the fuel pump relay and it made no difference so the relay is good. I just wanted to get everyone elses thoughts before I go and spend the money. The car did not throw a code as sometimes if its an instantanious fail it wil not allow the ecu enought time to throw the code.