Sponsored by:

Throttle help Please!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 04:20 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Throttle help Please!!

Hi All
I just baught a 2002 WS6 with only 12,000 mi on it. It has the 6 speed and runs Ok. When I rev over 3500 (in gear) and go to shift the engine seems to hang at about 2500 for a couple of seconds. When downshifting, the car decelerates to around 2500 and then holds and will increase rpm if I'm going down even a slight hill. When I first got the I didn't really get on it so I didn't notice the problem. But its a big problem when i get it up to 4500-5000 range I don't even need to press the gas shifting into the next gear. On the same note I feel what only can be descirbed as a powerband (like a 2 stroke) at around 3500 car starts pulling hard. It seems like a timing problem. I reset the computer by pulling the fuses and the car wouldn't idle at first and I had to give it gas to keep it alive. This settled out and I took it for a spin and had all this low end power (want that back). As I drove it slowly went back to the previous problem. I have 3 years left on my warranty so hopefully the problem will be coverd. I've taken it to the dealer once but I saw the mechanic take a screwdriver and a hammer to my headlight to bend a peice of metal and took my keys and left. I would just like some ideas of what the problem might be.

Thanks in advance,Dave Stubbs