Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CAR WON"T START OR TURN OVER

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 09:26 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default CAR WON"T START OR TURN OVER

So, I make it home on fumes then shut off the car. About an hour later try to start the car to park it in the garage. At this point the motor turned over, but would not start (no gas). Ok, so about the next day or two days later I put in 5 gallons and try to start it. After turning the key I noticed no fuel pressure. I checked my boost a pump fuse and sure enough it was melted. Change the fuse and get fuel pressure. Nothing, the car won't even turn over. Checked all the relays and fuses, all of them good. Tried a different body control module, no deal. Thought it was my starter, changed it, no deal. Tried deleting VATS no deal. I am leaning towards my ignition right now, but have no clue what it could be. Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 09-29-2006, 10:58 PM
Restricted User

TTT... Anybody?
Old 09-30-2006, 12:09 AM
Staging Lane

Pop a plug or two and make sure that there isn't a bunch of raw fuel in the cylinders which would hydrolock it. Just a shot in the dark, maybe an injector stuck or something when you ran out.....
Old 09-30-2006, 11:06 AM
Restricted User

Ok, I will try this after I pull my steering wheel and check the module that controls the ignition. Thanks!
Old 09-30-2006, 11:35 AM
Has Unresolved Sales In Feedback/12 second club

you have a key that has a different chip? you said something about having more than one body control module, when you stick the key in the ingnition and turn it on does a "security" light come on and stay on? i had this problem and it turned out that the key i had cut at the GM dealership had the wrong chip in it.
Old 09-30-2006, 06:34 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 1fstGM
So, I make it home on fumes then shut off the car. About an hour later try to start the car to park it in the garage. At this point the motor turned over, but would not start (no gas). Ok, so about the next day or two days later I put in 5 gallons and try to start it. After turning the key I noticed no fuel pressure. I checked my boost a pump fuse and sure enough it was melted. Change the fuse and get fuel pressure. Nothing, the car won't even turn over. Checked all the relays and fuses, all of them good. Tried a different body control module, no deal. Thought it was my starter, changed it, no deal. Tried deleting VATS no deal. I am leaning towards my ignition right now, but have no clue what it could be. Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
If it is trying to turn over but can't I would say Fuel Pump module

If it just a click and nothing happens I would check the battery. Try jumping first.
Old 10-03-2006, 04:02 PM
Restricted User

Found the problem. It was the simple two little wires which allow the computer to read the resistance of the chip on the key. One of them was broken. It seems as if this is bound to happen to everyone with time because the wires are rubbing against the plastic inside and will eventually wear until they rip. Didn't figure this out until I pulled out my steering wheel and everything else behind it. It sucked, but it is runnig again!
Old 10-03-2006, 05:17 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good catch, glad you found it.