Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TSP Vs. TSP

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2006, 07:53 AM
On The Tree

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default TSP Vs. TSP

Okay first off, Search is my best friend and i don't mean to beat a dead horse here, so im not trying to annoy anyone. Have learned somethings the past 24 hours reading and re-reading through old posts but theres still a few things i have questions about...hopefully JASON 98 T/A will chimme in at some point to

PRC 220cc 5.3L Stage 2.5 CNC Ported Heads
cast heads with port work, know they'll bump up the CR due to a smaller CC. With that in mind does this mean TYPICALLY they boost TQ more than HP because of the additional CR increase? I know they don't flow quite like the LS6 stage 2.3 heads but isn't that what helps build TQ? From what im piecing together(an PLEASE correct me if im wrong)

PRC LS6 Stage 2.5 CNC Ported Heads
Okay ported LS6 heads (are they the sam cc as my 241 heads?) Because the cc is larger than the 5.3L heads (again im assuming) these heads have larger int/exh runners and thus outflow them (the 5.3L heads even though they both come with the same size valves) So, if one were to go with the LS6 stage 2.5 heads my CR wouldn't change BUT i would be flowing more CFM just maybe not build as much TQ. Is my understanding correct?

I've probably made many eyes roll with my ignorance on this subject as tired and beaten up as it is. I apologize guys its just that reading all up on the subject the past day or so, i've gained alot of respect for PREDATOR-Z, JASON 98 T/A, PATRICK G. Not tryin to kiss anyones ****, its just that those guys seem to respond the most and speak with experience.

I'd like to run one of these set ups with a TSP 224R cam and typical bolt-ons (i.e. SLP lid, coated Pacesetter LTs, ORY w/ Hooker or Magnaflow cat-back or TSP rumbler TD, FRA and all other free mods, SLP fan switch). This would be a weekend cruiser with minimal track use. None of this'll happen until i get back from Korea anyways i just wanna get a heads up and plan for the future. I know bigger is not always better (esp. cam wise) so when i order all this stuff down the road I wanna know my combination of parts is making the most power N/A.

Thanks in advance!!!

v/r
Rob
Old 10-06-2006, 09:59 PM
On The Tree

ttt...
Old 10-08-2006, 03:07 AM
On The Tree

okay, last try
Old 10-08-2006, 03:24 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob M

PRC LS6 Stage 2.5 CNC Ported Heads
Okay ported LS6 heads (are they the sam cc as my 241 heads?) Because the cc is larger than the 5.3L heads (again im assuming) these heads have larger int/exh runners and thus outflow them (the 5.3L heads even though they both come with the same size valves) So, if one were to go with the LS6 stage 2.5 heads my CR wouldn't change BUT i would be flowing more CFM just maybe not build as much TQ. Is my understanding correct?

No they are not the same as the 241 Castings. The LS6 is the 243 casting. there is replacement power just from bolting on a set of LS6's over the LS1's. I would go with the stage 2.5 Ls6 heads.