Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

minor changes, now what?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2006, 03:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default minor changes, now what?

I have posted this in HP Tuners and Performancetrucks and all I get is crickets. So now I am trying my luck in here I will also post this in the tuning section.

I changed the cam to the 212/218 522/529 114, and installed 31 lb injectors, 6.0 heads. I did a search and am a little more lost than when I started but I downloaded a stock 8.1 tune and havent done this yet but from what I understand I have to copy the IFR table, offset vs volts vs kPA table, and i'm assuming the cranking table also? Is that all to get me started so I can use ozzys tuning for dummies.? Just to get the truck to idle I drillled out the throtttle blade and cranked up the throttle stop screw all the way up. Now it idles when its cold but when it warms up I gotta play with teh gas peddle to start and keep it idling.

Well I just changed the idle target speed, flow rate vs KPA and offset vs volts vs VAC. I wasn't sure what to change in the cranking table so I left it.
It starts better but is still idling rough and wants to stall but stays running longer. Any other suggestions?

I tried to attach 2 logs but this says its invalid so you'll have to goto http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7999