Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need help in a cam swap.

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2006, 04:36 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need help in a cam swap.

Hi, I'm sorry but i have some problem and wondering if you guys can help me?
I have installed an f13 114lsa cam and having problem installing my rockers back on. i see that alot of people have this cam and have no problem installing them. When i tighten the rockers down and then start rotating the engine by hand. it will snag/stop and can't turn it anymore but if i loose the rockers i can then turn it again. I'm guessing i some how screwed something up or i have a clearance problems. I followed direction from ls1howto.com and still running into this problem. I was wondering if anyone is close to me to help finish this project. I will even pay some money to help me finish this, that's how bad i really want this done. would like what you guys think. thanks
I'm in boyertown, PA 19512

i'm using a 7.4 tsp(?) harden pushrod on stock rockers.
Old 10-21-2006, 04:43 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Trexaurs
Hi, I'm sorry but i have some problem and wondering if you guys can help me?
I have installed an f13 114lsa cam and having problem installing my rockers back on. i see that alot of people have this cam and have no problem installing them. When i tighten the rockers down and then start rotating the engine by hand. it will snag/stop and can't turn it anymore but if i loose the rockers i can then turn it again. I'm guessing i some how screwed something up or i have a clearance problems. I followed direction from ls1howto.com and still running into this problem. I was wondering if anyone is close to me to help finish this project. I will even pay some money to help me finish this, that's how bad i really want this done. would like what you guys think. thanks
I'm in boyertown, PA 19512

i'm using a 7.4 tsp(?) harden pushrod on stock rockers.
Are the spark plugs in or out? And how big of a wrench are you using to turn it over?

If the plugs are in, it may just be that normal cylinder pressure is what you are feeling.
Old 10-21-2006, 05:03 PM
TECH Addict

Sounds like you have some valves hitting and unless you milled the heads you probably have the cam in wrong. If you don't have a way to check the valve timing, you'll want to take the front off and check.
Old 10-21-2006, 05:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Sounds like the timing is off. Did you try and force it when you turned it over?
Old 10-21-2006, 05:57 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Vettenuts- I did that once and broke a valve. i got everthing back together again. So i'm not going to try to force it again.

The spark plugs are out and using stock 241 heads.

I don't think the timing is off. the way it look is that it's right where it should be. I also thought about that. If i can't think/do anything, i'll probable take it apart and try it again.
Old 10-21-2006, 06:09 PM
TECH Addict

Well unless you are using extra long push rods, left the baseplate off under the rockers or some strange rockers, the only thing that will cause the valves to stop an engine with the f13 on stock heads is the cam being off.