Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Smoking problem

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2006, 12:31 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Smoking problem

Hey Yall! I was cleaning my K&N the other day and noticed there was a greenish fluid in my TB. I looked under the oil filler cap and there was the same residual. Now there is a pretty good bit of smoke that puffs out the oil filler tude when it's warmed up, enough to see a smoke cloud in the headlights when there on. There is no water in the oil and no oil in the water. I am not losing any water in the radiator and no oil either, at least it hasn't been long enough to tell. The car is not overheating. There is no smoke coming from the exhaust after it warms up. I haven't done a compression test on the block or a pressure test on the radiator yet but going to today. I did the missed/wrong gear thing at about 130 racing a vipor. At least I took him. I have a 383 H/C car with 11.7/1 CR. I think a head gasket would be noticable? Bent rod, cracked valve, oil ring on the piston.....not sure. Anyone have an idea or had this happen before?
Old 10-24-2006, 07:32 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, just wagging here but you said you missed a gear at 130mph while driving a bit aggressively so you may have revved the engine a little bit harder than usual and had a few fluids go different routes. I would change my oil, oil filter, check the coolant and then drive the car under 3000rpm a few days and see what happens. Over-reving an engine on a missed gear can cause a lot of different issues due to missed rod reversal and then seals flex, rings hiccup and stuff moves around.