Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

assembly manual/pdfs for LM7 build-up

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2006, 01:04 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default assembly manual/pdfs for LM7 build-up

I bought a used LM7 block from a 1999 Avalanche truck (cast iron with alum. heads). The crank has been fixed, I need to put the engine together (long block). Basically, what I have is a $hitload of parts in laundry baskets. The previous guy disassembled the block. The engine spun the rod bearing. No damage to the piston walls. I built my SBC 383 for my 67 Camaro and have all the tools. The problem is the complexity of LM7 block and a few hundred different bolts I have, where they go and what torque to use to assemble the engine. I'd like to install it with a GMPP carb intake. I have the coil-over packs, sensors, LS6 cam, springs to upgrade the stock cam, engine mounts. The engine is destined for a 1969 El Camino.

Any tips on which book/manual to buy to assist me with this project? Do you have any scanned pages or PDF files that you share with me? I'd really appreciate it.

Regards,
Den
Old 10-25-2006, 10:09 PM
On The Tree

Evening bump.
Old 10-26-2006, 09:24 PM
On The Tree

Should I just get a factory assembly manual for, say, a late 1990s Chevy truck to get a few engine rebuild chapters from there?

Does anyone maybe have one for sale?

Bump.

Quick Reply: assembly manual/pdfs for LM7 build-up