Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installing Rollmaster Crank Sprocket

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2006, 09:22 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installing Rollmaster Crank Sprocket

Okay, I am reassembling my heads / cam install in my 2001 vette and have changed out the OEM single crank and cam sprockets to a Rollmaster dual chain kit. The instructions say to keep the cam and crank sprockets no more than 0.10 inches offset to one another to minimimize chain wear. My eyes are not that calibrated and I am wondering -

1. How far onto the crank shaft do you press the new sprocket - all the way up against the crankshaft shoulder?
2. Best way to determine if you are within the 0.10 inches allowable.

I have degreed the cam and am on the sweet spot but I have this one last thing to do befrore installing the oil pump and so forth.

Appreciate your time and input.

Thanks.
Old 11-06-2006, 09:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

what i would do is install the cam sproket and then put the crank sprocket in untill you see it line up with the crank sprocket. usuall crank sprocket slid in easily to the point that they should go and then dont go back any further. good luck.
Old 11-06-2006, 10:33 AM
TECH Apprentice

Its easiest to install the crank sprocket by using the old one to hammer it on. Put the old crank sprocket over the new one while its on the crank, then hammer it all the way on. Works like a charm.
Old 11-06-2006, 10:41 AM
TECH Addict

When I put on my rollmaster sprockets, I just tapped the crank sprocket on all the way until it bottomed out. Haven't had any problems.

Quick Reply: Installing Rollmaster Crank Sprocket