Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who sells that Heads/cam package that makes 500rwhp stock bottom end?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2006, 01:32 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Who sells that Heads/cam package that makes 500rwhp stock bottom end?

see subject...

I remember some time ago, over a year. Some sponsor (maybe not a sponsor) came up with a heads/cam combo that was totally on the low in terms of specs. You had to bring your car in for them to instal it so no ********* would doctor the cam to get the secret specs and copy it, . Mob action ****, haha Then they tune it right afterwards and send you on your merry way.

I remember seeing a dyno of like 502rwhp with this setup on a stock bottom end. Priced around $3000 i think it was? Im not sure, but if anyone has some info, let me know! Granted it had the best of the best in terms of surrounding bolt on mods, in which i have all of those as well...
Old 11-20-2006, 01:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

That doesnt make much sense, you could just drive it home and remove it and get the specs anyway. If you really wanted the specs that bad. Dont remember anything that was so "top secret though". I know that LG wont tell their stuff. But they do mail them out.
Old 11-20-2006, 01:40 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Beasst8
That doesnt make much sense, you could just drive it home and remove it and get the specs anyway. If you really wanted the specs that bad. Dont remember anything that was so "top secret though". I know that LG wont tell their stuff. But they do mail them out.
well GEE THANKS FOR THE INFO! I cant wait to call them up and schedule an appointment to install their package...

They weld on the oil pump cover so you cant remove it,,, EVER!
Old 11-20-2006, 01:46 AM
Launching!

I think you are talking about Cartek claims. I don't think it turned out that anyone was putting out that much horsepower on someone elses dyno.
Old 11-20-2006, 01:49 AM
TECH Regular

I want to say it was ETP or some name that involved three letters like that. I know it wasnt cartek, i would have remembered that name.
Old 11-20-2006, 01:52 AM
TECH Regular

heh found it

http://www.ttperformance.net/dyno/petebspz28.gif

BTW, i may have 20 posts, but this is my stealth mode screen name, heh heh... Sucks trying to find out things at times, everyone thinks im a Novice.
Old 11-20-2006, 01:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Hi Volume
well GEE THANKS FOR THE INFO! I cant wait to call them up and schedule an appointment to install their package...

They weld on the oil pump cover so you cant remove it,,, EVER!

Are you being serious. Weld on the timing cover. And what happens when your oil pump goes out, or a lifter chews up your cam, or any number of things that can happen. I wasnt ragging on you but that makes NO sense on thier part. Thats all Im saying. I dont know anyone in their right mind that would weld their timing cover on.
Old 11-20-2006, 01:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

I never said you were a noob. I myself have started a new name as well. I am just curious. Trust me, I have learned that you cant rule out anything these days.
Old 11-20-2006, 02:02 AM
TECH Regular

here guy il help you out. Little tip about the internet and message boards, dont take it too seriously... The welding on of the oil pump was CLEARLY a joke.

link to the heads, i guess it was 505rwhp they made. http://www.ttperformance.net/heads.shtml

Pricey SOB's. Now to find the thread on here from the guy's car who made the 505..
Old 11-20-2006, 02:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

I understand that but you have to also realize that there are some dumb people out there. I had a kid come up to me and want me to look at his car. This guy had a 1994 Z28 and the headers were WELDED to the heads. Yes Im serious, dead serious. He said that they were that way when he bought the car. So to be honest, I dont take anything as a joke until I question it. Did I figure it was a joke, yes. Did I think that someone might be dumb enough to do that, yes, So I raised the question. HEHE

As far as the link, Im at work and cant open it, but will when I get home. Thats a big amount of power though. Nice
Old 11-20-2006, 02:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Oh and that poor kid ended up bottoming his car out (Sothern California area) and destroyed his drivers side header. Well, you can figure out that he had to get new heads and headers. That was a real crappy removal. We had to cut the headers off with a torch as short as we could. Well, Im sure you know how it goes. Felt bad for him. hehe I just wanted to know who welded them on. It was a crap job.
Old 11-20-2006, 02:14 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Beasst8
I had a kid come up to me and want me to look at his car. This guy had a 1994 Z28 and the headers were WELDED to the heads. Yes Im serious, dead serious.
HOLY ****! HAHAHAHAHAHAAHA Ok, sorry for being an *** towards you now that i know this info seeing how you experienced something as rediculous as such. WOW, hahaha thats all i have to say. HAHAHA Some people's kids i tell ya.

Heres a link directly to the magical head:

http://www.ttperformance.net/heads.shtml
Old 11-20-2006, 02:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah, I thought that you would find that funny. I dont take you being an *** personally. I know EXACTLY where you were coming from and prob would have done the same thing. Thats why I gave you my experience. I agree. I would have loved to talk to the guy who did that and asked his reasoning. And yes, some peoples kids.
Old 11-20-2006, 02:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Oh and thanks for the link. Will look it up when I get home.
Old 11-20-2006, 04:50 AM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

see subject...

I remember some time ago, over a year. Some sponsor (maybe not a sponsor) came up with a heads/cam combo that was totally on the low in terms of specs. You had to bring your car in for them to instal it so no ********* would doctor the cam to get the secret specs and copy it, . Mob action ****, haha Then they tune it right afterwards and send you on your merry way.

I remember seeing a dyno of like 502rwhp with this setup on a stock bottom end. Priced around $3000 i think it was? Im not sure, but if anyone has some info, let me know! Granted it had the best of the best in terms of surrounding bolt on mods, in which i have all of those as well...
Are you thinking of getting this setup?

I mean 500rwhp isn't impossible but there are a lot of things to consider. Firstly there is no magical setup any good enough set of heads with the right specced (cam, hundreds of people capable of doing so) and high enough SCR and 500rwhp is possible. But it will most likely not be very streetable at all. No bottom end really cammy terriable idle a bitch to tune and will need to scream it's nuts off.

I mean the SCCA Trans Am Ls1's make around 650bhp so that's well over 500rwhp but they are fully sorted race motors.

Plus another thing to consider is the validity of such claims. Fudging dyno results is childs play.

Not too mention even real dyno results can be miss-leading. Such as SAE or STD correction. This can easily account for 10-20rwhp discrepancy. Graph smoothing is another neat trick.

And not forgetting dyno types. 505rwhp on a Dynojet would be nearer to 470rwhp on a Mustang dyno. So it's all relative.
Old 11-20-2006, 10:45 AM
TECH Apprentice

ECS (East Coast Supercharging) has recently been advertising a kit that makes over 500 rwhp using a set of TrickFlow heads and their custom cam grind.
Old 11-20-2006, 10:58 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think Mikey at Rapid Motorsports was amoung the first to break the 500 rwhp mark.
Old 11-20-2006, 02:28 PM
TECH Resident

see subject...

Not sure who did that over a year ago..but the latest is ECS east coast superchargers...made 504rwhp h/c on a stock bottom end Z06. you can buy the parts outright
Old 11-20-2006, 02:53 PM
6600 rpm clutch dump of death Administrator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The first two shops I know of who made 500RWHP with a H/C "package" car were LGM and Cartek. I know because The car I was the driver of the car from LGM. There are other shops who can (and have) built a 500RWHP "package" cars with the heads and intakes that are out these days.
Old 11-20-2006, 03:37 PM
Banned - Ed Curtis aka EDC

Originally Posted by 300bhp/ton
Are you thinking of getting this setup?

I mean 500rwhp isn't impossible but there are a lot of things to consider. Firstly there is no magical setup any good enough set of heads with the right specced (cam, hundreds of people capable of doing so) and high enough SCR and 500rwhp is possible. But it will most likely not be very streetable at all. No bottom end really cammy terriable idle a bitch to tune and will need to scream it's nuts off.

I mean the SCCA Trans Am Ls1's make around 650bhp so that's well over 500rwhp but they are fully sorted race motors.

Plus another thing to consider is the validity of such claims. Fudging dyno results is childs play.

Not too mention even real dyno results can be miss-leading. Such as SAE or STD correction. This can easily account for 10-20rwhp discrepancy. Graph smoothing is another neat trick.

And not forgetting dyno types. 505rwhp on a Dynojet would be nearer to 470rwhp on a Mustang dyno. So it's all relative.
510+ RWHP 2005 LS2 GTO