Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Slp double roller timing chain?

Old 12-03-2006, 10:41 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Slp double roller timing chain?

I am installing the slp double roller timing chain in my 99ss. I bought the oil pump/timing chain combo. I read all the previous posts about the double roller chain problems. The kit did not come with any directions other than what o-ring to use for pickup tube. I guess since I bought the combo I don't need to use the spacers that came in the timing chain kit? Also where does the thin bearing looking part go that came in the kit? Sorry if I sound clueless, but this is my first ls1 teardown with crank mounted oil pump. Thanks,Jason
Old 12-03-2006, 11:05 AM
Teching In

Just figured out that the bearing fits to the back of the cam sprocket. I guess I'll try to test fit everything with and without the shims. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks
Old 12-03-2006, 02:40 PM
Teching In

Ok guess I am good to go now. Apparrently you have to grind the front of the timing cover to get it to fit. The slp pump sits out farther to clear the double roller and hits the front cover. Saw that someone else had changed the front oil pump bolts out with phillips head screws to clear cover. Hopefully this will help someone doing the same thing as me.
Old 12-03-2006, 07:19 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My Rollmaster did not come with a bearing for the cam sprocket. do you have any pics?

Search this Thread