Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car Stalls but Runs Good.... Help me out!

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2006, 03:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car Stalls but Runs Good.... Help me out!

AZ scanner said I have the following codes:
P0101
P0102
P0103
New plugs, wires, fuel filter, new belt, new oil, and the battery and alternator put out the correct voltage. I cleaned MAF with electronic cleaner. Check 02's for pinched wire. Checked for intake vaccuum leaks and retightened all intake clamps. Back to AZ for a code cleared. Codes are cleared. Drove for 45 mins. Turn car off and wait 15 mins. Turn car on and BOOM! SES light and same codes.
Symptoms:
-At startup rpms drop to 200-300rpms then will stall out, crank back up same thing for atleast 2 minutes straight.
-If I try to drive it will it's doing the above, it will fall on its face and/or not even go at all. Feels like if you put Seafoam in the brake booster it will kinda stall if you do it too fast, its like that.
-After it gets past the stalling and going down the road, it rans like a champ. If at a stop light it sometimes stall out.
-Did it 7 times yesterday for a total of 10 minutes are 7 different startups.
-Today, no problems.
I have a completely stock motor and no upgrades to any of the electronics. Is my MAF bad, are the 02's bad?
Old 12-11-2006, 03:36 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think you may have a vac leak issue or your IAC motor is messing up. Run around the intake manifold and the bellows with a propane torche turned to max (BUT NOT LIT!) and see if you get any idle issues. THat would rule out a vac leak. My car randomly died though, that was the IAC. Try swapping IAC's with a buddy, they are a $100 part and its best to swap/test before spending the $$.
Old 12-11-2006, 03:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Where is it located?
Old 12-11-2006, 04:19 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

use a bit of oil off the dip-stick and rub it into the little rubber seal around it when you put it back in, it will go in so much easier w/o tearing the rubber ring (you will know what I am talking about when you take it off. You need a Torx tool to get it off. I forgot what size though .

DO NOT PUSH/PULL on the rubber tip!!!
The removal/replacement of this part can change your idle and you may need to let the car idle a while to learn its idle back.
PS. take nothing I say for granted and check with an ASE certified mechanic before touching your car *disclaimer*
Old 12-12-2006, 08:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Took apart and cleaned TB assembly, all sensors, and intake gaskets. Same problem. Actually mght be the MAF, doesn't have the screen.
Old 12-12-2006, 10:18 PM
Teching In

Ya im having a problem where my car is getting to really low RPM's everyonce in a while, and occasionally stalls. I have a M6 and everytime i push in the clutch and let off the gas my RPM's are at 300ish, wayyyy to low. it comes and goes though. no lights come on or anything... idk what it is. if i drive around for a bit it kinda fixes up. help?