Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need help with a H/C decision please.

Old 12-12-2006, 09:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default need help with a H/C decision please.

im looking to purchase a H/C set up im jan but i plan on doing the install myself. here's what im looking at from TSP

Ms4 cam with the LS6 stage 1 heads

or the MS4 cam with the terminator heads (which requires flycutting)

now the price difference is about 800 bucks.

i know i can install the cam then take the car to tsp to install the heads and flycut the pistons. BUT is the 800 bucks worth the extra HP that i may get from adding the terminator heads over the LS6 heads.

They also said i can go with the MS3 cam and the 5.3 truck heads. Point being i want the most power so what do you guys suggest..

thanks
Old 12-13-2006, 06:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Ant One?
Old 12-13-2006, 07:22 AM
TECH Addict

i think flycutting would be a good idea on either setup since it is so close.one very small hickup and it will be bad news.with a cam as large as the ms4 you may be as well off with the stage 1 heads compared to the terminators because of the small runners on the terminators.they would shine with a more torquey type motor like with a 228 cam or so but that is just my opinion.the large runners on the stage 1 will not lose much velocity with that big of a cam and they should put down some sweet numbers up top.get your pistons flycut and go with a tight lsa to raise your dcr up to 8.5 or higher if possible.

Search this Thread