Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help! Gas Leak!

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2006, 09:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! Gas Leak!

I cant figure out where its leaking gas from because the space is too tight but it on top of the passenger header. It accelerates by itself and it bogged down really bad when this happened. The SES light also flashed. Before it would bogg down when the car was cold and it would do it when i would take off and as soon as i went into gear. Now it started leaking and i want to see if you guys can help me out. Thanks
Old 12-18-2006, 09:55 PM
11 Second Club

its leaking fuel from the passenger side near the header? thats imposible unless the fuel rail is leaking, and its running down the engine and around the valve cover, then down from there. have you looked at the fuel rail yet?
if it really is leaking fuel on to the engine, you better not try to drive it like that. more then likely though if its leaking fuel it wont start now?

I cant understand what the rest of the question is asking/stating.
Old 12-19-2006, 06:30 PM
Teching In

Its not leaking from the fuel rail. Some mechanic took a look at it and said it was leaking oil from the valve cover gasket and thats what causes it to smell like gas. Thats what he said which i dont really believe. Im going to change the gaskets to see what happens
Old 12-19-2006, 06:37 PM
11 Second Club

I dont see how that would smll like gas, but I could see the rest of it. good luck.
Old 12-20-2006, 09:28 PM
Teching In

problem solved! It was the gaskets. I ranned it today and it worked fine. Thanks anyways Irocss85