Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another head question

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2006, 08:45 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another head question

I'm having a hard time deciding. ETP, TF, or All Pro. All Pro has pretty big ports but very solid design. ETP and TF have similar intake flow but the ETP's don't flow nearly as well on the exhaust side. Price is close but I think I can get the All Pro's for about $200 less. But at the cost of these heads, I won't make a decision based on two hundred dollars.
Old 12-21-2006, 09:56 PM
Collections Hold

Default heads

to be honest.

Flip a coin, they are all good heads. Some with different features than others.
Old 12-21-2006, 10:46 PM
Launching!

Don't like flipping coins cause if I do, only one gets picked. Now, two other lawns are greener than mine.
Old 12-21-2006, 11:34 PM
The know it all's know it all

Originally Posted by mypoorLS1
I'm having a hard time deciding. ETP, TF, or All Pro. All Pro has pretty big ports but very solid design. ETP and TF have similar intake flow but the ETP's don't flow nearly as well on the exhaust side. Price is close but I think I can get the All Pro's for about $200 less. But at the cost of these heads, I won't make a decision based on two hundred dollars.
Flow bench numbers aren't everything when it comes to exhuast. I have seen very good power and very consistent performance with the ET cylinder head line. Raw flow is a good indicator but not the end all be all.
Old 12-22-2006, 02:58 PM
Launching!

I agree that flow alone doesn't make one head better than another, if it did, I wouldn't have included the ETP's. People are making very good power with them. I'm just undecided. The rest of the combo needs to be considered as well. What I have is a modified LS6 intake with an 80mm TB with the neck of the intake filled and bored to 80mm as well. Forged, balanced, and blue printed LS1 block. Kooks stepped 1 3/4 to 1 7/8 headers, dual 2.5 in with X-pipe. Cam is FMS F11 on a 114 +4
Old 12-22-2006, 06:31 PM
The know it all's know it all

Originally Posted by mypoorLS1
I agree that flow alone doesn't make one head better than another, if it did, I wouldn't have included the ETP's. People are making very good power with them. I'm just undecided. The rest of the combo needs to be considered as well. What I have is a modified LS6 intake with an 80mm TB with the neck of the intake filled and bored to 80mm as well. Forged, balanced, and blue printed LS1 block. Kooks stepped 1 3/4 to 1 7/8 headers, dual 2.5 in with X-pipe. Cam is FMS F11 on a 114 +4
You don't pick heads to work with your cam. you pick heads,intake,exhuast then cam the engien accordingly. Of course that is unless you are in a cam restricted class.
Old 12-22-2006, 06:37 PM
12 Second Club

Like Mr. Collins said. Pick the best head you can afford, then get a cam to match it. If you want to do it right, sell the cam. Flow the actual heads that you are getting with your intake attached and a pipe on the exhaust. Have one of the cam gurus then proceed to cut you a cam that meets your goals for the car.