Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Decisions...

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2006, 08:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Decisions...

i am at a crossroads with my corvette... currently i have full VB and P bushing kit, new brakes all around, textralia clutch, 03 ls6 cam w/ ls4 pump/ ls2 timing chain/ ls6 springs, Vararam intake, and a 100 dry shot. I am not 100% sure what to do next mod wise... i have been thinking about the patriot cnc 243 heads for the 800 or whatever or just doing LG headers for ~900.... then i figured i could also finish off the suspension with swaybars/springs/shocks for roughly 1300. I figured the cnc heads would give me equal / more gains then headers... and i could do install myself. but the suspension would be pretty bad **** also...

if i did do the cnc heads i would put updated manifolds / cats on and probably not do long tubes. Any advice / comments is appreciated. Thanks.
Old 12-30-2006, 08:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I would put longtubes on first.
Old 12-30-2006, 09:05 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ls1muscle
I would put longtubes on first.

then maybe a bigger cam before you did heads... the reason behind that is... when you CNC factory casting heads, to get the flow numbers where most people what them, the port volume become quite large and your going to lose a lot of velocity and your car is going to perform poorly until you get into higher rpms
Old 12-30-2006, 09:07 PM
On The Tree

i wont change the cam in this car... i like the stock driveability / idle/ no spring maintanence .... i have the camaro for my go fast race car... big *** cam etc... when i installed the ls6 cam i was VERY impressed.

the only problems with lt's that i can forsee is the no cats/ loud exhaust... trying to keept his car sleeperish... i dunno its like i want 450 rwhp in this car too but i also want it to be stock.... maybe i should buy a crate ls7.... too bad my bank account would give me the finger.
Old 12-30-2006, 09:31 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

pretty much sounds like you need to do full bolt ons and have something like a 150 shot when you need a little more