Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Next mod??!! Cam or intake??!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2006, 12:03 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Next mod??!! Cam or intake??!!

Wanted opinions on which to do next. My car (98 A4 T/A) currently has an LS1 intake, decked/ported LS1 heads with 918's, TR220 551 114lsa cam, Dynatech LT's, GMMG catback, a new 4L60e w/Yank SS3600, 3:73 gears. I was losing some power through the slipping 170,000 mile tranny so I don't know what to expect when I get the new tranny in. WHile that was being done I was thinking of stepping up to a bigger cam. I know the intake is restricting things alot as well but I could swap that out in my garage. Swapping the cam on the other hand is something I'd rather leave to the pro's at Vengeance. Which one would benefit me more...the cam or the intake?? I know both are needed for maximum results but I figured do the cam now and save for an LS6 or even a FAST 90 later. Thoughts??!! Car is no longer a daily driver as of a month ago.
Old 12-31-2006, 12:13 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

even tho an upgraded intake is very important mod it is one like you said you can do in your garage if you have the money and the cam you want picked out i would say go ahead and do that with it no longer being a daily driver i would worry to much about the intake just get the cam done take it back home park it and wait for the intake and tune of course
Old 12-31-2006, 01:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can pick up a few hp by putting in a larger cam, but where do you draw the line? Some of the big power cams, are well: big. lol The LS6 intake is good for a few hp, but unless you're doing it in conjunction with several other mods I don't think it's worthwhile.