Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heads and Cam Question(Trex)

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2007, 10:16 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Heads and Cam Question(Trex)

Hey guys,i havent posted much on this board but i've been lurking and reading a lot. I've tried a search and it didnt come up with much but is it possible to run Ported LS6 Heads(with stock size valves) and have good enough PTV clearance so i dont have to flycut the pistons with the Trex. My car wont be a daily driver for much longer so i want to go big with this setup so i dont want to go back in and tear it all apart again. I'm thinking about the Trex cam and Patriot Performance ported LS6 heads with stock size valves, would this be a good setup for a weekend warrior/track car, and the more important question, would it clear. Thanks for the input guys, this is the best board on the web for everything, especially tech!
Old 01-01-2007, 11:37 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

would i have to flycut with these heads and a MS4? TTT BTW!
Old 01-01-2007, 12:09 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We offer the Precision Race Components Street LS6 cylinder heads with valves depth & decking specifically setup to run camshafts that large. We've done extensive testing on valve depths, decking & dyno output in a effort to offer the best possible stock valve/big camshaft option available. Before you choose a cylinder head be sure & spend a lot of time in the dyno results section. I think you'll find the Precision Race Components (PRC) ls6 heads consistantly outpower the competitions ls6 ported heads in any price range!!
404cid Stroker, 67mm Twins
994rwhp/902lb ft @ 22 psi (mustang dyno) www.Texas-Speed.com