Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

adjustable rockers. What ones?

Old 01-06-2007, 01:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default adjustable rockers. What ones?

I'm sick of the valvetrain noise so i wanna get some adjustables. Are the Comp pro magnums adjustable?
Old 01-06-2007, 01:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so ur thinking adjustible rockers will get rid of it?

why don' u try longer pushrods...
Old 01-06-2007, 01:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Screamin_Z
so ur thinking adjustible rockers will get rid of it?

why don' u try longer pushrods...
I have the 7.425 pushrod now. It is better than it was when I had the 7.4s. I have been doing alot of research and alot of guy say after they went with adjustable rockers the ticking went away. I thought it would be shot anyway.
Old 01-06-2007, 07:33 AM
JPH
TECH Junkie

comp's are adjustable, but if you are looking for a killer rocker set up, the crane's are really hard to beat. have used them in several motors and they work really well. geometry must be exactly right, or during the adjustment procedure you will bottom out the plunger in your lifters. noise level will decrease a little, but you will still have some. check them out on cranes website to learn more about them, and how they work. www.cranecams.com they are not cheap, but do work awesome.
Old 01-06-2007, 08:19 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

agree with jph
Old 01-06-2007, 08:45 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I am running Cranes as well and you can vastly improve your wipe pattern if you set them up correctly. My only concern is you seem to be struggling with an issue that may not be rocker related, and I hate to see you spend a bunch of money only to have the same noise afterwards.

Maybe before you do this, if you can identify which rocker seems to be ticking, check the wipe pattern on the offending rocker and see how it looks. Also, the stockers have been known to throw needle bearings, has anything shown up in the oil? Check each rocker and make sure the bearing retainers look OK.
Old 01-06-2007, 12:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Check out the Comp Cams #1500 system.
Old 01-06-2007, 06:22 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by vettenuts
I am running Cranes as well and you can vastly improve your wipe pattern if you set them up correctly. My only concern is you seem to be struggling with an issue that may not be rocker related, and I hate to see you spend a bunch of money only to have the same noise afterwards.

Maybe before you do this, if you can identify which rocker seems to be ticking, check the wipe pattern on the offending rocker and see how it looks. Also, the stockers have been known to throw needle bearings, has anything shown up in the oil? Check each rocker and make sure the bearing retainers look OK.
I run the Cranes and I agree with vettenuts. The rocker will not get rid of your valvetrain noise, especially with the cam you have. Find a post with PatrickG's signature. He has a video of his car at idle with the hood up. His engine compartment sounds like mine. If yours is the same there may be nothing you can do about it. I'd hate to see someone drop as much cash as I did chasing this noise.

P.S. That said, I will never, ever use anything but an adjustable rocker. I'm ready to put in my 4th different cam and it's great being able to dial in preloads with the adjustables.
Old 01-06-2007, 07:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by vettenuts

I will check that out for sure. i just got back from a 250 mile trip with it. I wanted to see if it was ticking more after the trip. It hasn't got any worse so maybe it's normal

Search this Thread