Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Speed Shop Guys ... I need some info

Old 01-14-2007, 07:07 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Speed Shop Guys ... I need some info

I know some you shop guy have some parts laying around and I was wondering if you could do me a favor. I am trying to get some accurate weights of valvetrain components for my Engine Analyzer Pro program. I will list the items I would like to have the weight of in grams:

Valve (Both Intake & Exhaust)
Retainer with locks
Valve Springs (if it has a damper, that too)
Rocker Arm without Fulcrum
Pushrod
Lifter (both solid and Hyd.)

With this info, I would like to have the manufacture and part number so I can keep it organized. I am trying to use these numbers to estimate valve toss issues. So any info provided, I am willing to share with others if they ask for it.
Old 01-14-2007, 01:13 PM
JPH
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gold Phoenix
I know some you shop guy have some parts laying around and I was wondering if you could do me a favor. I am trying to get some accurate weights of valvetrain components for my Engine Analyzer Pro program. I will list the items I would like to have the weight of in grams:

Valve (Both Intake & Exhaust)
Retainer with locks
Valve Springs (if it has a damper, that too)
Rocker Arm without Fulcrum
Pushrod
Lifter (both solid and Hyd.)

With this info, I would like to have the manufacture and part number so I can keep it organized. I am trying to use these numbers to estimate valve toss issues. So any info provided, I am willing to share with others if they ask for it.
looks llike you might have to buy a gram scale. i think your best bet is to call some of the manufactures, and see if they can tell you. i have some weights at home, i will see if i can get them, and pm you back monday. by the way, nice program, what version you got?
Old 01-15-2007, 02:39 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by JPH
looks llike you might have to buy a gram scale. i think your best bet is to call some of the manufactures, and see if they can tell you. i have some weights at home, i will see if i can get them, and pm you back monday. by the way, nice program, what version you got?
I have version 3.3 now and they are coming out with a 3.5 here soon.
Old 01-17-2007, 10:14 PM
11 Second Club

Thanks from some info, JPH

Search this Thread