Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Smoking out of Oil filler?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 01:46 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Smoking out of Oil filler?

alright everyone... i as you all know i just got done deleting my PCV and my fresh air thingy. well.. its been like -5 - 10 degrees here the last week (crazy cold) and i noticed today my car is smoking out of the passenger side oil filler cap when its off, when its on its pushing smoke out of the breather i put on the valve cover...

what in the world causes it to smoke??? could i have a bad ring? all compression tested out around 210 PSI last time i checked and i havent ran the car or had any problems with it since. the smoke is whitish and smells like a mix of gas and just nasty stuff. its not burnt oil but smells like old nasty oil.

what could it be?? another thing i was thinking is i only drive the car very short distances every day. its about a 6 minute drive to work and then i let it sit again in this ice cold shitty *** weather we are having. is it sweating inside and not having enough time to burn out all the condensation? and thats what im seeing? any iddeas would be awesome
Old 01-15-2007, 03:30 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

come on you buggers .... lol ive used the search and it seems like it can be a wide range of things...
Old 01-15-2007, 04:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

You are seeing normal blowby and crankcase moisture, that's why the PCV system is on the car it would be burned. You will also likely see some ice inside the motor one of those cold mornings.