Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cam tuning questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 08:48 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cam tuning questions

i recently had problems with my car with the cam in my sig. the tuner said he couldnt tune it right because of the size of the cam and too much overlap.

ok..so now i have swapped to another cam...i havent had it tuned yet, but it behaves EXACTLY the same way the other one did...struggles to find its idle and surging, running lean and rich at times, has trouble starting.
so that tells me that it wasnt the cam that was the problem right? it has to be either a mechanical problem somewhere else or he is not doing his job tuning.

he also said he cant make that cam idle very low. he set my idle at 1k. can i make a cam like that idle at like 600? or just lower so it will sound better?
Old 01-17-2007, 11:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Where are you getting your tune from, I used pcm4less and never had any problems. Although your cam is larger than mine(224/230/.581/114) you shouldnt have any problems making it idle. I would try a different tuner....
Old 01-17-2007, 11:30 AM
The know it all's know it all

Originally Posted by FL Junkie
i recently had problems with my car with the cam in my sig. the tuner said he couldnt tune it right because of the size of the cam and too much overlap.

ok..so now i have swapped to another cam...i havent had it tuned yet, but it behaves EXACTLY the same way the other one did...struggles to find its idle and surging, running lean and rich at times, has trouble starting.
so that tells me that it wasnt the cam that was the problem right? it has to be either a mechanical problem somewhere else or he is not doing his job tuning.

he also said he cant make that cam idle very low. he set my idle at 1k. can i make a cam like that idle at like 600? or just lower so it will sound better?
1000rpm sounds about right for a cam that size in a 347ci motor.first question is are you running open loop ?? if not that will cuase your rich lean issues.