Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is the vapor vent pipe seal?

Old 01-29-2007, 03:53 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default What is the vapor vent pipe seal?

I searched, but came up with nothing. What is it go to and where is it? Does it need to be replaced with a H/C swap? This is different from the oil pump pickup o-ring right?

Oh, I guess i'll throw another question out while i'm at it. Does a new oil pump usually come with a new o-ring? I'll go search that now to see if I can dig my anwser up.
Old 01-29-2007, 07:29 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe the vapor vent pipe is the small metal tube that runs between the cylinder heads at the front (and sometimes under the intake to the back of the heads) This pipe has a fitting that has a hose that runs to the throttle body and then to the radiator to vent steam and air from the heads.
There are two types of seals that I have seen used on the lsX engines: a simple o-ring and my truck engine has a small aluminum plate with a rubber seal attached to it. I reused them before but if it cheap, why not?
Sorry for the long post but I tried to explain it the best I could and I don't know if a new oil pump includes the o-ring (you're paying enough for it, it should).
Old 01-29-2007, 10:11 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Okay thanks. Looks like i'll probably reuse the one that is on there. I dunno about the cost because I can't find it individually. It can't be to terribly important as theirs basically no info on it. It sounds reusable! I'll figure out about the o-ring eventually or when I order the pump and look a it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What is the vapor vent pipe seal?