Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

QUICK, what's the OIL PRESSURE SENDING UNIT PART #????

Old 05-30-2002, 06:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default QUICK, what's the OIL PRESSURE SENDING UNIT PART #????

Thanks! I need it ASAP!
Old 05-31-2002, 02:57 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: QUICK, what's the OIL PRESSURE SENDING UNIT PART #????

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by NastyC5:
<strong>Thanks! I need it ASAP!</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">ls1.fbody.comIt is jmx's website.It has all the part numbers.
Old 06-01-2002, 03:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not this part #, though. Here's the real part # for the oil pressure sending unit:
Old 06-01-2002, 10:57 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the part number, wonder if NastyC5 was performing the same job. This is a dealer order part. Not one auto chain has them available in store or in their warehouse.

I used JMX's install tips on the LS6 intake today. Everything went all well and good except one thing. Got to the point of already having the vacuum line unplugged from the brake booster, had the intake flipped forward towards the drivers side of the car and used the advice of having someone pull the line and the clamp while I had the manifold. Worked great, it did come off, but along the way we did not notice that the line got snagged up on the Oil Pressure Sending Unit (Oil Pressure Switch). SNAP!!!! What was that!?!?!?

JMX, if you are out there and listening, please add in to the intake doc to have people watch out for the cylindrical unit protruding out the back drivers side of the block.

Anyways the car is done with a hack job to the sending unit. We taped the pressure switch down inside and plugged it into the harness. On the metallic threaded portion we drilled out the center black piece and inserted a Grade 8 tapered bolt and lock washed, tightend the nut, and die grinded the bolt to prevent the nut from backing off, and sealed it really nice with RTV.

It should last for a bit then I can hit the dealer on Monday and order the part.

P.S. - It did run great afterwards. About 5 miles into the test drive we encountered a supercharged 5.0 that sounded really nice. The guy jumped the gun with no race signal, and then asked what I thought his car would run in the 1/4. He told me he figured he should be in the 11's, I just kinda smikred then I told him to settle down if he wanted to run and we managed to catch the next two lights.

I kicked the crud out of him by at least 8 cars to 60 mph first light all while he sat at the light and spun his tires, and then again by about 6 cars at the next light.

Ruined his night/weekend/year.

I'm starting to really love my F-Body again!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: QUICK, what's the OIL PRESSURE SENDING UNIT PART #????