Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Injectors????/clutch????

Old 02-15-2007, 08:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Injectors????/clutch????

My 99 ta m6 has started hesitating or bogging down in 2nd and 3rd gear. It does not do this all the time but it is happening more often. It seems to happen between 2-3000 rpm. I am starting to think maybe it is the fuel injectors. any body else ever had this problem. Can the clutch cause this problem? My car is not displaying any trouble codes either. Thanks for any help
Old 02-15-2007, 11:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

OK I just took my lunch break at work and my car is still not running right. dose any one know what the main cause of hesitation is???? The situation is getting worse and do not have any error codes. Also the throught out bearing in the clutch is going out. Can this have any inpact on the way the car runs once it is in gear? When I started the car it did not idle well either.(until it warmmed up).
Old 02-15-2007, 11:48 AM
TECH Senior Member

Clogged fuel filter/lines/rail, fuel pump dying, plugs/wires/coil packs. Those are your main suspects. Chek those out first. if you havent replaced the fuel filter in a long time then go ahead and do that. Also run some injector cleaner through the tank too.
Old 02-15-2007, 02:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I will try the injection cleaner. I prob need to seafoam the car but when i had headers installed 4 weeks ago I had the plugs changed too. I read that seafoam will foul out the sparkplugs. thanks for the advise

Last edited by tasilver; 02-16-2007 at 07:57 AM.
Old 02-15-2007, 04:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by tasilver
I will try the injection cleaner. I prob need to seafoam the car but when i had headers installed 4 weeks ago I had the plugs changed too. I read that seafoam will fowl out the sparkplugs. thanks for the advise
Seafoam doesnt foul plugs.
Old 02-23-2008, 06:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Never updated this thread and just got a PM from another person whos car is doing this.

It was the MAF. I used too much oil on the K&N. I cleaned the MAF and the car had no more problems. If cleaner does not fix your problems then replace the MAF if your car has the same problems that mine had.
Old 02-23-2008, 06:19 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tasilver
Never updated this thread and just got a PM from another person whos car is doing this.

It was the MAF. I used too much oil on the K&N. I cleaned the MAF and the car had no more problems. If cleaner does not fix your problems then replace the MAF if your car has the same problems that mine had.
Haha...as I read the thread I was thinking *clean the MAF*.

...glad you fixed it.

Search this Thread