Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Larry Tool

Old 03-06-2007, 09:03 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Larry Tool

to my understanding the larry valve spring tool is different from the tim tool? if i am wrong stop me now, if im not mistaken the larry tool is perferred so can anyone help me find it? ive tried the search and cant find anything but the tim tool? please! thanks
Old 03-06-2007, 09:47 AM
TECH Regular

anybody please? how much are people renting thhese or the crane dual compressor, to denver colorado? need compressor ASAP,..........will autozone v.s. compressor work on back cylinders?
Old 03-06-2007, 10:02 AM
TECH Regular

Dude, no, do NOT get the VatoZone compressor if you are doing the spring swap with the heads on the car. The fulcrum method is dangerous at that point. Buddy of mine broke a bolt in his head and what a PITA that was having to pull the head off, take to a press and carefully ease it out. He eventually got a hold of a crane cams dual compressor. Find one somewhere, heck, I am sure a local gear head wouldn't mind lending you one for a price. Good luck!
Old 03-06-2007, 10:50 AM
TECH Regular

nobody around locally haha...........whats the fulcrum method? anyway someone help me please......need TOOL! asap.
Old 03-16-2007, 10:11 PM
Launching!

Default Tim's Tool

The tool you are referring to was a copy of my prototype design and sold by a member named Larry. As mentioned in the first part of "Tim's Tool" thread, I designed the tool specifically for compressing the difficult to reach rear springs under the cowl.

Tim, the person whose car I made the prototype tool for, has been selling a superb QUALITY version of my prototype. Hundreds of Tim's tools have been used, some used for many spring swaps. Tim's tool has never damaged any head or component when used according to the supplied directions.

The tool is specially priced for forum members and is a bargain. Buy one with confidence.

Search this Thread