Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

To all with engine problems that had forged internals ...

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 01:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default To all with engine problems that had forged internals ...

what happened? I am looking into doing a forged rotating assembly for a 383 stroker since i spun a rod bearing. I want to know what to be careful of!
Old 03-07-2007, 02:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Well unless you have experience in buiding LSx motors, better get one built by a professional reputable shop that does exactly that.
LSx are particular when it comes to tolerances, and with today's prices being very competitive, it is better to go that way.
It is also cheaper to have it built unless you have al the tools to do so properly.
Blueprinting is very important on these motors, as well as block prepping and machining.
Old 03-07-2007, 07:22 AM
TECH Regular

only problem i ever had with my engine was i got lazy one day and took it to jiffy lube for an oil change and they didnt put enough in there and i spun 2 bearings. a forged motor is just as good as a stock one for daily driving. you should see no difference if it is put together correctly.
Old 03-07-2007, 07:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PREDATOR-Z
Well unless you have experience in buiding LSx motors, better get one built by a professional reputable shop that does exactly that.
LSx are particular when it comes to tolerances, and with today's prices being very competitive, it is better to go that way.
It is also cheaper to have it built unless you have al the tools to do so properly.
Blueprinting is very important on these motors, as well as block prepping and machining.
Old 03-07-2007, 08:39 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by slow95z
only problem i ever had with my engine was i got lazy one day and took it to jiffy lube for an oil change and they didnt put enough in there and i spun 2 bearings. a forged motor is just as good as a stock one for daily driving. you should see no difference if it is put together correctly.

Did you file a lawsuit?