Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Advice

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2007, 10:22 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Advice

I have a 99 trans am with a 3400 stall 2.1 str,longtube headers, and lid. I talked to the guy who tunes my car about getting a cam and he told me that i should get a custom grind cam 232/236 but didnt say what lsa or anything else so i was wonder if you guys can help me out. My car is a dd but i would like something that has nice hp and sounds nice.

Thanks
Old 03-09-2007, 12:23 PM
12 Second Club

Just ask him for the lift and lsa on the cam he should be able to get it to you....Predator Z is the go to guy as far as cam spec n what not Maybe he will chime in on your setup....i hear great things about the comp 224, i would also recommend the lg motorsports g5x1 or x2 they are smaller cams that produce great horsepower with good drivability. From the information i hav gathered (so correct me if im wrong) the less overlap you have on the cam the better drivability you will have. Overlap will also play in part with how much chop the cam has to...so its all a balance....make sure you find a person who you can convey what you want out of the car and have him customize the cam for you...do you want to hve to rev to 7k??? or stock limiter, do you want more loq end or crazy top pulll are you going to spray the motor ?? n/a??? there are many questions will you be doing heads??? just take it slow and try and spend as much time on here searching and reading as possible...many of the those cquestions will be answered here already by other members in the same position as yourself

Yelllow
Old 03-09-2007, 01:31 PM
JPH
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Quick Bird
I have a 99 trans am with a 3400 stall 2.1 str,longtube headers, and lid. I talked to the guy who tunes my car about getting a cam and he told me that i should get a custom grind cam 232/236 but didnt say what lsa or anything else so i was wonder if you guys can help me out. My car is a dd but i would like something that has nice hp and sounds nice.

Thanks
112lsa
109icl