Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Camshaft picture request.

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2007, 03:54 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Camshaft picture request.

Can anyone hook me up with a good shot of the cam position sensor portion of a cam? Also could you tell me the orientation of the lobe to the cams drive pin. It can be a stock cam as long as it has the pick up on the back of the cam. I have an LS4 cam but it uses a pick-up on the cam gear and not the back of the cam. What im trying to do is compare the 2 so that i can figure out if i can use edelbrocks LS1 carb manifold and ignition control . The ignition control for the LS1/LS6 uses a 24x reluctor wheel and the rear mounted C.P.S. . The controller for the LS2/LS7 uses a 58x reluctor and the C.P.S. mounted on the timing cover. My LS4 is a bastard child and has a 24x reluctor and a C.P.S. mounted on the timing cover. I need to know if i can just plug it up to my C.P.S. or if i'll have to get my reluctor pulled and have a 58 tooth installed (if it's posible). Thanks in advance
Old 03-19-2007, 12:20 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You might get better feedback if you posted this up in the LS2/LS7 section.

Here's a pic of an aftermarket cam with a decent shot of the rear where the CPS picks up the signal.
http://www.ls1howto.com/howto/fbody/.../180oilcam.jpg
Old 03-19-2007, 07:04 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks man ! that kinda helps ! I'm gonna stop by the local speed shop and see if they have a cam i can check out. Oh yeah nice avatar . . . . . . . .I gotta have more cowbell !