Sponsored by:

Mechanical Oil Pressure Guage

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 05:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Mechanical Oil Pressure Guage

Hello,

where is a good place to put the fitting for a Mechanical Oil Pressure gauge. I am looking to put one on my LS1.

Thanks
Tilly
Old 03-21-2007, 06:03 PM
On The Tree

there should be a small plate right above your oil filter (held on w/ 2 bolts) that you can drill and tap for a fitting. I did that on mine and it was a piece of cake. I took it to the work bench and it looks like it was molded to do that. good luck
Old 03-25-2007, 07:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by rnl35thss
there should be a small plate right above your oil filter (held on w/ 2 bolts) that you can drill and tap for a fitting. I did that on mine and it was a piece of cake. I took it to the work bench and it looks like it was molded to do that. good luck
Other that drilling the hole for the fitting what else is required for the install. Is there a write up anywhere that shows how to do this. I want to do this as well. What size hole for the fitting??
Old 03-28-2007, 02:20 PM
Teching In

When you buy the guage and intallation kit, they will tell you what size. I don't know the exact size but it is a pipe tap which is a tapered hole versa a straight hole that a standard tap would give. IMO you want to use a metric size.